The beauty of Summer

Here I am again, it has been a while! The spring was busy with teaching and creating, I started a new series of 100 paintings (see more under ‘latest news’), I have been published twice this year with licensed images of my work, so lots has been happening.

It is now my happiest time of year, in contrast to my last post. July and August are my favourite months of the year, whereas January and February are my least favourite. As I mentioned previously, I create far less in the winter and in any cold months, as I prefer to work in my garden studio in the great outdoors. I do have an indoor studio but it is very susceptible to the outside temperature, so there are few days that it is that comfortable to work in. It is also stuffed full of canvasses and art equipment!

I love to be in the garden, among the plants I have nurtured, blooming away around me – it is my happy place. When I then sit at my table and create, I can just drift away into my ‘creating zone’. The summer is a time I can wander around barefoot and not worry about the usual teaching ‘stuff’ that fills my head, I don’t have to be on a schedule – it is the most blissful place (as much as I love teaching)!

Here is a picture of a corner of my outdoor studio space to share with you.



Comments

Popular Posts