Welcome to Lumina Art Studio

Artist Statement - Sarah E. Jones

I am a mixed media artist creating work from a desire to deeply connect with and then reflect the natural world and the spiritual world.

I work in acrylic paint (often combined with collage), acrylic ink, water-based media, textural media, collage, and often use found materials for mark-making and drawing elements which combine into an expressionistic and instinctive vision of what I see and experience.

I have no one, set process that I work with and prefer to work in an intuitive way in response to my feelings and impressions of a scene - whether real or imagined. For me, my connection to the world is not just through the eyes, but through the whole body and other senses. There is an emotional and sensory response that comes into play that leaves me less concerned with an entirely representational approach, often abstracting or imagining certain elements.

The inspiration for my latest body of work concerns the nature of the world at this point in time and whether we are more than just human. What might exist other than the physical world? Do other realms exist?  Contemplating our planet at this time, mankind's struggles and whether we can rise above has been consuming my attention. How can this be processed?

My current practice seeks to integrate the physical and the spiritual and explore the possibilities.  Are there other worlds to journey to? More particularly how do I communicate and process the above as an artist? 





Comments

Popular Posts